Product Description & Reviews
An apple orchard in your own back yard! Growing your own apples can be easy and fun. Grow bushels of healthy, flavorful apples that can be eaten fresh off the tree. There is nothing better than dried apple pies or hot apple pie and ice cream. Remember your grandmother's fresh apple bundt cake? Not only are you saving money but you are getting fresh fruit from your own apple trees. The Honeycrisp is a wonderful apple for cooking, fresh eating and making apple cider. The Honeycrisp apples are known for their juicy sweet flavor. Honeycrisp is an American favorite. The fruit just like the name is amazingly crisp! The Honeycrisp apple needs another variety of apple tree for cross-pollination. The fruit will be ready to harvest in September. Apples contain vitamin A and C as well traces of folate and potassium. Pruning is so important to young trees to encourage fruit production. The best time to prune is December to February. The Honeycrisp stores exceptionally well, lasting three to four months in a refrigerator or cool storage area! In winter plants will ship dormant. Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (ie. Garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out. **Images are of mature plants.
Features & Highlights
- Purchase a Honeycrisp Apple Tree in a Gallon Trade Pot. Ready for shipping!
- Easy to care for and maintain. Hardy, established roots. Attracts birds and mammals.
- Harvest in late summer, early fall. Mature Size (H x W): 14-18' X 12 - 15'. Plant in full sun. Grows at a moderate rate.
- Check on your growing area for ideal planting time. Hardiness Zones 3-7
- In accordance with Federal regulations, at this time we cannot ship any plants to the following states: AZ, AR, CA, CO, ID, KS, MN, MT, NB, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA. Any orders placed with shipping addresses in these states will be canceled.
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.