60 count trays of fully rooted 2" Japanese Boxwood (Buxus) shrubs. Nice, bright green oval shaped leaves that are somewhat larger than the hybrid boxwoods most commonly seen in landscapes. Also a slightly lighter shade of green than most boxwoods. Makes an excellent medium to large hedge, and is quite easy to grow. Like all other boxwoods, prefers cool, moist well drained soils as well as a small amount of shade to give some protection from scorching summer sun. Good growth rate, but slightly less cold hardy than some commonly used Boxwood varieties. Some bronzing discoloration has been observed in cold, open, or highly exposed planting locations.
Features & Highlights
- This compact evergreen shrub produces inconspicuous white flowers in spring. In the winter, its oval leaves turn golden to bronze. Matures to 4-6 feet. There are stunning shapes this shrub may be shaped into like globes, pyramids, and screens.
- This evergreen shrub needs a regular water schedule to ensure the growth of a mature root system. The first year of growth requires watering daily. After the mature root system is established, watering is needed weekly, except during a drought, watering is needed regularly. Mulching is recommended to detour weeds, and to keep the moisture content high. During plant maturity pruning is necessary to encourage branch development.
- Makes an excellent medium to large hedge, and appears to be quite easy to grow. Like all other boxwoods, prefers cool, moist well drained soils as well as a small amount of shade to give some protection from scorching summer sun.
- For maximum health & hardiness, we highly recommend a good grade granular ( preferably organic ) fertilizer plant food for use with all of our plant species.
- Search: Florida Foliage To View Our Full Collection
|Item Weight:||14.99 pounds|
|Item Size:||12.5 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Package Weight:||14.99 pounds|
|Package Size:||12.5 x 10 x 10 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Japanese Boxwood, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Pixies Gardens
THUJA GREEN GIANT, Nature's Privacy Fence, Green, Tall and Beautiful Hedge-liner - - (liner/starter plant in 3" pot 1-2 yrs old)* - Evergreen tree ( great Christmas tree) - deer resitant - drought tolerant - makes a wonderful hedge, - makes ...
By Garden Goods Direct
Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree FormFiddle Leaf Fig is total eye candy! This fiddle leaf fig is lush, tall, columnar and sculptural and it’s the ‘it’ plant right now. This tough plant adapts easily to conditions and once acclimated it can grow to 6 feet o...